Ir al contenido principal

Consecuencias del consumo de sal

 ¿Qué pasa con el consumo de sal?

Si bien parecería muy inocente el echarle una pizca de sal a nuestros alimentos del día a día. No sabemos lo que esto puede traernos ya sea a largo o corto plazo. En este artículo te mencionamos algunas de las consecuencias que el alto consumo de sal puede ocasionar.

Hipertensión 

El alto consumo de sal es una de las principales causas de hipertensión en la población. La ingesta exagerada de sodio, especialmente a la forma de sal (cloruro de sodio), produce un incremento sostenido de la presión arterial, que junto a la obesidad y al sedentarismo, aumentan el riesgo de sufrir enfermedades cardiovasculares y cerebrovasculares.

Cáncer de estómago 

Se ha demostrado que el consumo excesivo de sal se relaciona fuertemente con este tipo de cáncer entre 39 poblaciones de 24 países. También se demostró que la infección por Helicobacter pylori que causa tanto úlceras de duodeno y gástricas como cáncer de estómago, está asociada con el consumo de sal. La reducción en el consumo de sal puede reducir esta infección y prevenir, así, el cáncer de estomago.

Accidentes cerebrovasculares

Los accidentes cerebrovasculares son otra de las consecuencias del alto consumo de sodio, a los que se suma la insuficiencia cardiaca e infartos; dificultad en la función de los riñones; disminución de la cantidad de calcio y la retención de líquidos. “Esta última empeora el funcionamiento de los riñones, corazón e hígado y también genera edema e hinchazón de las piernas y los tobillos”, explica Daisy Ruiz, Nutricionista de Clínica Ciudad del Mar.

Osteoporosis 

El consumo de sal en exceso aumenta la pérdida de calcio en la orina, lo que genera una desmineralización de los huesos.

Asma 

Los síntomas que genera el asma se agravan en las personas con esta enfermedad. Estudios revelan que existe una directa relación entre el consumo de sal de mesa y la mortalidad por asma, tanto en adultos como en niños.



Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Privacy

  Privacy Don't tell them, be happy, become better, be on a relationship, be successful and don't tell them, enjoy the quiet, happy and peaceful moment by yourself. Not everyone cares about what happens in your life, the ones that actually care will live it together with you, will be happy for you. No one would deny that the world is full with envy. The more you tell others how good or happy you are the more there would be those who wish you the worst. Besides, the more you tell others about their life, more important their opinion and approval becomes. For sure you won't be able to satisfy nor exceed everyones expectations, you don't have to. Focus on doing more than what you tell others, being more than what others see.  I'm gonna put forward an example. If a guy suddenly wins the lottery and go from here to there claiming he have just won the lottery, he has way more possibilities for someone to try to stole his money. This is just an example but it...

Not being good at something

 Not being good at something While it is true that lots of things are not made for everyone, it is also true that practise makes perfect. As I said, you may end up discovering that it was simply just not for you.  On the other hand you loose nothing trying, because there are those who born with talent inside of them but also those with the passion and determination to practise until they get it. Those who don't give up.  I'd like to talk about one coach that gave me one of the best pieces of advice in my life. I used to skate on ice and we were practising, I found out I was doing the exercise just wrong, so I asked my coach why he kept telling me I was doing it right when I was surely not. He answered me that even though I wasn't doing it right, he knew if he had told me I was doing it wrong, I would have been sad by consequence I would have stop doing it. Instead if he told me I was doing just fine, I won't lose excitement what wou...

Strength

 Strength  This world, full of challenges, issues, people trying to get you down, but yeah, amid all the crap there are few things really worth holding on to.  I can say that in this world, you'll get to know people who's nor happy enough with its own life so they go through life trying to sabotage others, in any kind of way, hurting the ones you love, your passion, ideals, way of thinking.  Remember that the ones who truly love you will for sure give you a piece of advice time to time when they feel like you need it, but they'd never try you to do its will over your life, good relationships start with respect when there's no respect, there's no love.  In order to get through this challenges you need to be physically, mentally and emotionally strong, you need to know your worth and steady where you are standing on the ground. Strong enough to know that no matter how bad things are, time heals all wounds and faith that one day the world r...