Ir al contenido principal

Benefits of listening to music

 Benefits of listening to music 

Music is all around us. But, have you ever wondered if it has an impact on our health, mind and body. In this article you'll read some unexpected benefits of listening to music.

1. Eases the pain.
As incredible as it may seem, it works even when it's not medicine. Music reduce stress levels, as well as it provides strong competing stimulus to pain signals. It reduce the perceived intensity of pain, especially in geriatric care, intensive care or palliative medicine.

2. Increases happiness.
Listening to music for at least 15 minutes induce the brain to release dopamine, a neurotransmitter that increases feelings of happiness. Beyond others like excitement and joy.

3. Increases workout endurance 
Music has a direct effect on body hormones. It lowers the levels of the hormone cortisol in the body, counteracting the effects of chronic stress. Having that stress causes 60 percent of all illnesses and ailments, so by lowering levels of stress we obtain greater chances for overall well-being.

4. It helps people eat less.
Playing soft music in the background during meal can help people slow down while eating and ultimately consume less food in one sitting.

5. Increases verbal intelligence.
A investigation made proved that 90 percent of kids of ages between 4 and 6 had significantly increased verbal intelligence after just a month of taking music classes, where they learned about rhythm, pitch, melody and voice. The results suggest that music training had a transfer effect that increased children's ability to understand words, and even more to explain their meaning.
Another study showed similar results in music trained adult women and children who outperformed a group without music training on test of verbal memory.

6. Reduce depression.
Music has a direct effect on our hormones, It can even be considered as a natural antidepressant. This because certain melodies cause the release of serotonin and dopamine in the brain, increasing feelings of happiness and well-being. It also releases norepinephrine, which is a hormone that invokes feelings of euphoria.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Privacy

  Privacy Don't tell them, be happy, become better, be on a relationship, be successful and don't tell them, enjoy the quiet, happy and peaceful moment by yourself. Not everyone cares about what happens in your life, the ones that actually care will live it together with you, will be happy for you. No one would deny that the world is full with envy. The more you tell others how good or happy you are the more there would be those who wish you the worst. Besides, the more you tell others about their life, more important their opinion and approval becomes. For sure you won't be able to satisfy nor exceed everyones expectations, you don't have to. Focus on doing more than what you tell others, being more than what others see.  I'm gonna put forward an example. If a guy suddenly wins the lottery and go from here to there claiming he have just won the lottery, he has way more possibilities for someone to try to stole his money. This is just an example but it...

Not being good at something

 Not being good at something While it is true that lots of things are not made for everyone, it is also true that practise makes perfect. As I said, you may end up discovering that it was simply just not for you.  On the other hand you loose nothing trying, because there are those who born with talent inside of them but also those with the passion and determination to practise until they get it. Those who don't give up.  I'd like to talk about one coach that gave me one of the best pieces of advice in my life. I used to skate on ice and we were practising, I found out I was doing the exercise just wrong, so I asked my coach why he kept telling me I was doing it right when I was surely not. He answered me that even though I wasn't doing it right, he knew if he had told me I was doing it wrong, I would have been sad by consequence I would have stop doing it. Instead if he told me I was doing just fine, I won't lose excitement what wou...

Strength

 Strength  This world, full of challenges, issues, people trying to get you down, but yeah, amid all the crap there are few things really worth holding on to.  I can say that in this world, you'll get to know people who's nor happy enough with its own life so they go through life trying to sabotage others, in any kind of way, hurting the ones you love, your passion, ideals, way of thinking.  Remember that the ones who truly love you will for sure give you a piece of advice time to time when they feel like you need it, but they'd never try you to do its will over your life, good relationships start with respect when there's no respect, there's no love.  In order to get through this challenges you need to be physically, mentally and emotionally strong, you need to know your worth and steady where you are standing on the ground. Strong enough to know that no matter how bad things are, time heals all wounds and faith that one day the world r...