Ir al contenido principal

Sleeping 8 Hours

 The importance of sleeping 

It would be no one surprise when I say that nobody can live without sleeping. But have you ever questioned yourself about how many hours should you sleep or about the consequences of not doing so. In this blog I'll answer most of those.

Lots of factors are involved when it comes to sleeping. I dare to say that the most important plus determinant factors are, energy drinks (coffee, sodas, beyond others), electronic devices, light, age, life style, nutrition, etc.

Moreover, most studies about how many hours we should sleep are related with age.

Kids between 6 and 13 years old should sleep from 9 to 11 hours.

Teenagers between 14 and 17 years old should sleep from 8.5 to 10h.

Younger adults between 18 and 25 should sleep from 7 to 9h.

Adults between 26 and 64 should sleep same rage as younger adults.

Elderly people further 65 years old should sleep from 7 to 8h.

Finally, now that we now the recommended hours of sleep, lets talk about the consequences of not doing so. And maybe you will think it twice before staying awake at night.

Gain weight 

According to a study made in 2015 by Qatar investigators, sleeping just a few hours increases our appetite and resistance to insulin.

Illnesses 

It has been proved that people who usually do not sleep enough are more likely to fall ill. I'm not talking about one in specific but lots. From a simple headache to big stuff.

Tiredness 

It had happened to of all us that when we didn't sleep well, the next day feels like we have been run over by a bus. This includes not being able to concentrate, workout and most of our daily activities.

Mental Health 

Poor sleeping is linked to a wide variety of physical, mental and behavioural disorders says Cramer.






Comentarios

  1. I totally agree! Sleeping enough hours is of the utmost importance. Other problems with being sleep deprived are poor concentration and high blood pressure. It is great that you are raising awareness of this very important issue!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Privacy

  Privacy Don't tell them, be happy, become better, be on a relationship, be successful and don't tell them, enjoy the quiet, happy and peaceful moment by yourself. Not everyone cares about what happens in your life, the ones that actually care will live it together with you, will be happy for you. No one would deny that the world is full with envy. The more you tell others how good or happy you are the more there would be those who wish you the worst. Besides, the more you tell others about their life, more important their opinion and approval becomes. For sure you won't be able to satisfy nor exceed everyones expectations, you don't have to. Focus on doing more than what you tell others, being more than what others see.  I'm gonna put forward an example. If a guy suddenly wins the lottery and go from here to there claiming he have just won the lottery, he has way more possibilities for someone to try to stole his money. This is just an example but it...

Not being good at something

 Not being good at something While it is true that lots of things are not made for everyone, it is also true that practise makes perfect. As I said, you may end up discovering that it was simply just not for you.  On the other hand you loose nothing trying, because there are those who born with talent inside of them but also those with the passion and determination to practise until they get it. Those who don't give up.  I'd like to talk about one coach that gave me one of the best pieces of advice in my life. I used to skate on ice and we were practising, I found out I was doing the exercise just wrong, so I asked my coach why he kept telling me I was doing it right when I was surely not. He answered me that even though I wasn't doing it right, he knew if he had told me I was doing it wrong, I would have been sad by consequence I would have stop doing it. Instead if he told me I was doing just fine, I won't lose excitement what wou...

Strength

 Strength  This world, full of challenges, issues, people trying to get you down, but yeah, amid all the crap there are few things really worth holding on to.  I can say that in this world, you'll get to know people who's nor happy enough with its own life so they go through life trying to sabotage others, in any kind of way, hurting the ones you love, your passion, ideals, way of thinking.  Remember that the ones who truly love you will for sure give you a piece of advice time to time when they feel like you need it, but they'd never try you to do its will over your life, good relationships start with respect when there's no respect, there's no love.  In order to get through this challenges you need to be physically, mentally and emotionally strong, you need to know your worth and steady where you are standing on the ground. Strong enough to know that no matter how bad things are, time heals all wounds and faith that one day the world r...